Nestled amongst the secluded shores of the Indian Ocean, Anantara Kalutara offers a haven of tranquillity amongst backdrops of lush greenery and swaying coconut palms. Relaxation will be effortless with rejuvenating treatments in the Ayurvedic spa, mouth-watering cuisine in any of the 4 restaurants and panoramic ocean and lagoon views throughout the hotel. The hotel is also ideally located for those wanting to discover the beauty and culture of Sri Lanka, with Buddhist shrines, tea plantations and national safari parks close by.
from £865 pp
Embark on a gentle exploration of the healing effects of Ayurveda. Unwind with yoga each morning and healing...
from £1,360 pp
Immerse yourself fully in the world of Ayurveda, with a series of treatments to soothe, detox and balance ...
from £1,870 pp
Detoxify and restore your body’s equilibrium for optimal wellbeing with prescribed herbal concoctions ...
There is plenty to do at the hotel, whether you’re looking for a relaxing holiday or a more active holiday. Relax by the 2 tropical pools with jacuzzi’s or on the sandy private beach, or practice yoga on the yoga pavilion and enjoy spectacular 360-degree views. For those looking to be more active, there is a 24 hour fitness centre offering lagoon views or the hotel can help to arrange a range of water sports or try a cookery class with renowned chefs.
Experience relaxation and wellness at the world class Anantara Spa with a menu of rituals and treatments inspired by ancient Ayurvedic healing traditions. There is also a steam room and outdoor relaxation area to enhance your rejuvenation journey.
Olu: offers live cooking stations, daily-themed dinner buffets and an à la carte menu featuring Sri Lankan as well as international favourites from Europe to Asia, Arabia and beyond.
Spice Traders: Discover the mouth-watering epitome of Chinese, Thai and Indian cuisines at the al fresco riverside sala.
Acquolina: Set sail on a seafood-filled culinary experience with fresh coastal fare conjured with Italian passion.
Teppantara: Revel in fresh sea breezes as the master chefs enthral you with delicious teppanyaki creations prepared using the freshest local ingredients.
Good to Know
Although the hotel is built between a lagoon and beach, the choppy waters make it impossible to swim there so if you’re feeling adventurous and fancy taking a proper dip in the ocean, we recommend taking a tuktuk to Kalutara South train station and taking a 20-minute train to the (very local and not yet touristy) coastal town of Bentota.
The hotel is just a 10 minute tuk tuk ride from historic town of Kalutara and is a great base to discover the beauty and culture of Sri Lanka.
Flight Duration from UK
There are 141 rooms, suites and pool villas which are modern and stylish with traditional touches. All rooms have a free-standing bathtub and separate rain shower, Nespresso machines as well as a balcony or terrace.
Home Away From Home *
- 40% discount on accommodation for stays 14+ nights
- Complimentary dinner for 2 adults
- 1 x 60-minute couples massage
- Two pieces of laundry free of charge per person per stay and 50% discount on all additional laundry
- 15% discount on activity tower and water sports
- 30% discount on Food and Beverage including alcohol
- 30% discount on spa treatments
- One bottle of sparkling wine and a bottle of local spirit of your choice
* valid for stays between now and 31st June October and not combinable with any other offers
Early Booking Offer
- 30% discount on accommodation for all bookings made 90 days in advance (excludes High Season)
- 15% discount on accommodation for all bookings made 45 days in advance (excludes High Season)
Long Stay Offer
- 20% discount on accommodation and complimentary Half Board for stays 10+ nights (excludes High Season and wellness programmes)
- Complimentary Half Board for stay 5+ nights (excludes High Season and wellness programmes)
Twin Centre Offer
- 30% discount on accommodation for stays across two Anantara resorts in Sri Lanka for 7+ nights (excludes High Season)